Friday, December 19, 2014

Bad Cold, Lovely Day


That title sounds like a contradiction, but in spite of inflamed sinuses, sore throat, a nose running like water, and a couple canker sores, I got a lot done and enjoyed the sunshiny, crispy-cold, full day.  And now we are off to a friend's Christmas Party and then make some more goodie plate deliveries afterwards - I'll keep my mouth covered, my hands washed and to myself.  Here are some scenes from today's activities:

I finished a big Church mailing pertaining to my responsibilities I have there - and no, I didn't even get Christmas cards sent out except for a couple to people who aren't on any social media - I figured between my blog, Instagram and Facebook - every one knows exactly what we've been up to this year and what we look like,  so Merry Christmas to all -  and our family, kids, grandkids are doing great!  Hot herbal tea and Chloraseptic at hand.
The mail arrived with good news to get us through the aftermath of Christmas and settling down in to winter - Downtown Abbey airs January 4th!!!

Also in the mail came something I anxiously anticipate every year that has been faithfully arriving every Christmas time from my sister Leslie for like all of my adult life - See's Candies!!  Last winter I remember lying on the couch one evening,  reading and eating these chocolates until I felt a bit sick.  About 5 years ago, the box didn't arrive and I worried that the tradition had ended but happily two days after Christmas the See's Candies arrived.  Thank you Leslie and Tony!!!
Scotty is with us this week and for the week after Christmas.  During Christmas week when we are out of town, he will go to a boarder, or as my son calls the place, Pupschwitz.  The boarder is great but Scotty doesn't think so.  
In spite of my terrible cold, I had to get to the beach and soak up the sun so Scotty and I went to North Hampton State Beach because there weren't any dogs there to stress him out and we had a nice walk/run.
All boarded up for the winter - teeny, tiny summer beach rentals the size of potting sheds.

We also took some time on the golf course behind our house - there's the yellowish house across the expanse of water and grass.  I love winter when the trees are bare and you can actually see where houses and buildings are and what they look like as you drive around.  I also love summer when it is so leafy and green that you cannot.
This amaryllis I potted several weeks ago grew from a nub to this wand while we were in Mexico and it will probably bloom while we are gone all of next week.  I hope I don't miss the show!
We're back from our social engagements - it's only 8:30 pm and I must go to bed after dosing with Chloraseptic, Afrin, Tylenol, water, and a Breathe Right!  








No comments:

Post a Comment