Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn Begins Today!

This harbinger of Fall was outside my kitchen door this morning - season's greeting to you too I exclaimed!


I wish you could smell my house today - this is burning and I'm intoxicated by it.

As for pumpkins, gourds and squash, I display them heavily and liberally throughout the house - some, like the large white ones, last for several years and then I wake up one morning to see one that just melted overnight - that's what they do - just sit prettily and one day after all this disgusting and festering brewing that's going on inside its interior that you aren't even aware of implodes and they melt like a ball of ice cream.  This white one is from a year ago; still going strong!

These cuties are newish and will look delightful until spring - the non orange pumpkins/gourds are seasonless.

Tomorrow the mums will replace the tired hanging plants on the front porch - love!

No comments:

Post a Comment