Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chocolate Marbled Brown Sugar Drops



I made these last night for a delightful group of teenagers to enjoy during Sunday School today.  They taste like a buttery, toffeeish, chocolate chip cookie but instead of chunks you get deep swirls of bittersweet chocolate throughout.  I think I'll make these for my son Heath too since he can't stand the texture/sensation of chocolate chunks in anything (weird, huh?).  I ate three of them today 😁. I recommend them highly and they are a breeze to make. If you have the cookie book Big Fat Cookies by Elinor Klivans, the recipe is on page 38.

4 oz semi/bittersweet chocolate (I used Scharffen Berger - fabulous chocolate - use the good stuff)
Melt the chocolate carefully in the microwave, stir until smooth and set aside)

2 sticks room temp unsalted butter
2 cups light brown sugar packed
2 t. Vanilla
3 large eggs
2 cups flour
1 t. Baking powder
1/2 t. Salt

Beat the butter and sugar together, scrape down and add vanilla and eggs and beat well.  Add the dry ingredients and beat until well blended.  Drop by large spoonfuls 3 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Drizzle chocolate liberally over each cookie and swirl it in with a small sharp knife in a circular motion.  Bake for 11 minutes at 350 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment