Sunday, September 21, 2014

Spokane





The beginning of this month I flew to Spokane to visit my daughter Gabe and her husband Mark.  They had just moved there and Gabe needed her mom! Needed me to advise her on what to do to to make their little rental house more like a home.  We had a blast! We three painted their bedroom from a  depressing deep burgundy red (sloppily done) to a delightful pale robin's egg blue (neatly done -  after I left they repainted all the white trim and ceiling). It's now crisp and fresh and totally cheery and cheer! We also spent an afternoon in Couer d' Alene ID where we bought pumpkin coconut body lotion, shopped for upholstery fabric to recover a hand me down couch, I attended church with them, I cooked scallops and brownies for them and Mark made us his delicious salsa, guacamole and tacos.  Oh, and we drank really good hot chocolate (a future post), croissants, watched Jim Gaffigan on Netflix, and walked through the neighboring incredible park, Manito Park, where we smelled many delicious roses, died over the huge and amazing dahlias and dead headed a slew of geraniums (I showed them how to properly do it for prompt and continual bloom; the gardeners there will appreciate this) as we strolled through the formal flower beds. These activities took place over 3 days. It was so wonderful to hang out with my daughter again - I have missed her so!








No comments:

Post a Comment