Sunday, April 19, 2015

That Day In Pictures - Note Card


I bought this note card over 20 years ago when New England was just a dream.  I saw it in a gift shop and I was immediately transported down that little lane and imagined myself walking from one of those houses down to the water.  I bought the card and hung it on a cork board above my desk there in Nevada.  I'd had an obsession with New England since I was a freshman in high school and saw pictures of it in a calendar.  After that, I sought out books and movies that took place there and determined that although I had never been there before, I belonged there.  It's a long story to tell of how I eventually got here 17 years ago but I still have the card hanging on a cork board above my desk and I am just as obsessed with this wonderland even though I now reside here.  And I live in an old house like the white one (but yellowish) just down the street (lane) from the water.   And living my dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment