Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Deliciousness From This Past Week

 Freshly harvested tomatoes and basil from our garden.
 Ready to roast and then puree - these became freezer tomato sauce.

 Blackberries ripening over at the Yellow House.
 We have three bins full of our own Rye yard apples - unsprayed, organic, practically perfect!  These will keep for a while and after we get back from our upcoming trip, I will be making a lot of apple sauce and pie filling to put by.
 Peach jamminess.

 This flourless chocolate torte you see in the garbage is the reason you should always lick the spoon after you empty batter into a pan.  I didn't and the dough seemed a bit funky but I baked it anyway and then when I tasted it after it came out of the oven before cutting it I discovered I had forgotten to add sugar!!!  I've only done that twice in my life.  Good thing I sampled!  I immediately made a second torte that you see below.
We had two couples come over for dessert on Sunday.  I made an apple pie from our own apples, a key lime pie, and flourless chocolate torte.  When I throw dessert parties, which is often, I always always make multiple desserts in case one of them isn't that great - dessert insurance.
No, I'm not walking the streets of Paris, but rather downtown Portsmouth - back again at La Maison Navarre for a really really good baguette so we can make chocolate baguette for breakfast again!
From the garden - The colors of nature inspire me so much.  And dahlias!  We are leaving for almost a month for Spain and Italy in a few days and though I am excited, I lament leaving all the dahlias and missing their show.  Our house/yard caretaker will have to enjoy them for me. :(






2 comments: