Saturday, September 12, 2015

Nos Vamos a España!

Today we leave for almost a month to the countries of Spain and Italy.  My first time to Spain and third to Italy.  I'm looking forward to speaking Spanish again as I am more or less fluent but without constant practice one does lose vocabulary.   We will be flying in to Seville and then picking up a car and our route through Spain will be in a kind of S loop as we try to visit as many places as we can.  We have booked all of our hotels already and hope we planned well enough to time them just right.  I like the surprise of seeing what we actually booked sight unseen - we have done this on our last several trips and 9 out of 10 times we haven't been disappointed.  We are meeting up with my daughter Gabe and her husband Mark in Milan, Italy after our Spain adventure.  They will be beginning their much belated honeymoon and we will journey with them for nine days in central Italy and then as we fly home they will continue on to France.  One of the highlights of this planned trip is that Gabe and I decided to wear dresses, just dresses, every day.  Play dresses, not church dresses.  I will be documenting what I wear each day of the trip in pictures.  It has been so fun to plan what to wear, more so this time than any other.  I think we both have one of the same dress so we will have to be twins one of our days in Italy.  I'm so ready to go but sad to leave the dahlias. :(  And I am missing Francis Palmer's (the famous potter from Westport CT) dahlia garden tour today.  I bought a ticket before I knew our exact travel dates - bummer - but there is always next year.  Thank you to the friends/family who are house sitting and  taking care of the yard.  Now a few dahlias blooming today as I say farewell for a while (until the travelogue posts).


 Good-bye sweet dahlias!  Be good.
 I took this today today - Consider house plants for summer pots and then you can bring them back in.  I bought this banana type plant in a nursery green house at about 10" tall - it is now four feet tall.
 Garden FYI - This is a Tithonia or Mexican Sunflower
 This Tithonia was in a six pack and is now 8 feet tall - blooms all season until frost - easy and wonderful for way back of the border or odd places.
Play Dress number one!  And we're off!  Chaoito!

No comments:

Post a Comment