Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmasing (So Far) and A Recipe!


I've posted before that Christmas is not my favorite time of year - I do tend to get a bit dark hearted when the days are so short and night falls so early and I had a couple Christmases long ago that were so stressful and difficult (former marriage stuff) that still pull a trigger of gloom and much of the secular Christmas music drives me crazy; nonetheless, lots of cookie baking and the anticipation of family get togethers get me through.  Here are some scenes from Christmasing around my home.



 The picture above is from my former neighbors in Kingston.  We drove by a couple nights ago even though we have sold my old house just to see if they are still putting on the gaudy glitzy wonderful night show - they are!

 The first batch of Christmas cookies going in the oven - cream cheese sugar crystal enclosed cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction book - so tender and buttery with a bit of crunch from the sugar.
 Also, Sally's PB cup stuffed chocolate cookie - really yummy!
Dan taste testing the dough for the third batch - my mother's traditional M&M cookie recipe - he approved.  Don't worry - that spoon did not go back in the dough and he only got one sample!
 My mom bought me these in Mexico and sent them to me when I was 19 or 20.



 First snowfall a couple Sunday's ago.  Bliss.  One of the four reasons I live in New England.  And it's snowing today!  The twelve bird feeders are crowded with so many varieties of birds - it's such a show all day.

 Scotty turned 10 December 14 so my son Heath sent me his birthday picture and I did a two minute sketch with my purse pen just for fun and because I love him so.
Gabe and Mark are here with us - but in Boston today to see the Pops while we babysit the little guy below.  I'm sure they are enjoying their hours of liberty!
 My grandie William Glenn is here with us for Christmas for 10 days!  More bliss!  I love him too!  I call him Crabcake because more often than not he's a bit dour, like here below - hee!




 My fourth batch of cookies - cinnamon roll cookies - also from Sally's Baking Blog and just click the cookie name and you'll get the link to her recipe on her blog so she gets all the credit.  They are truly scrumptious and faster than cinnamon rolls from yeast dough.  I made 11 different kinds of cookies in all, big batches, plus macadamia nut chocolate bark and Dan made his fabulous chocolate covered cherries and mints.

The master bedroom fall bedding has been switched out for the winter colors -


Happy Eating and Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

  1. So glad you're blogging again. I needed some NH Christmas here in Utah where we're still waiting for snow. Sherri

    ReplyDelete